One of my favorite things about being able to talk with entrepreneurs and experts on this show is hearing their “start stories…”
The stories that detail the initial spark and turn of events that have led these folks on to a new path and journey that has brought them to where they are today.
I can’t say I have a favorite “start story” because I think they’re all beautiful in their own unique way, even the stories that start with tragedy instead of triumph, or slumps instead of sales.
However, I can say that I think all the best start stories and the ones that “end” in the most fabulous successes are the ones that begin organically.
Such is the case with my guests on today’s episode, Jodh Dyson and Savitree Doppelt, the Co-Founders of Urban Yoga Chicago who have followed an organic growth pattern that has taken on a movement of its own.
In fact, their movement was so organic, and their “smart small” attitude so mighty, that Urban Yoga Chicago and their community didn’t even have it’s own brick-and-mortar studio until a couple of years in.
Of course, like any story worth telling, they’ve encountered bumps and roadblocks along the way. But with tenacity and my program, The Client Cure, Jodh and Savitree have made it possible to continue cultivating a thriving community of students and teachers hosted in a beautiful space that fits their unique tastes and offerings all while growing into a profitable powerhouse.
If you’re someone who likes to flip the norm on it’s head, think outside of the box, and approach navigating the road to your definition of success a little different than most, I think you’ll find Jodh and Savitree kindred spirits and love hearing their story.
Things you’ll learn in this episode:
- How Jodh and Savitree met and built Urban Yoga Chicago from the ground up
- Why they introduced kundalini yoga to the public and the strategies they used in starting their teacher training without having a brick and mortar
- What challenges and “crash and learn” lessons they went through that ultimately made them feel like they had to start over
- Why they believe there are no rules when building your business and that culture and community start from the top down
- How the Intentional Intake process and other strategies learned in The Client Cure changed the profitable success of Urban Yoga Chicago
Find Urban Yoga Chicago on Social
With Grit & Gratitude,