This week we are deep diving right into one of the hardest questions we all face in life, and in business – what do you do when “mean girls,” strut into your studio and say “you can’t sit with us”!?
Since Mean Girls the movie was about girls who didn’t play nice at school, you’d think most people would’ve outgrown their meaner streak by the time they’re old enough to own a studio… but unfortunately for us, that doesn’t seem to be the case.
In this episode, we’re addressing the reality of what to do when something really rotten happens, how to ask yourself some clarifying questions, and how to identify your path to happiness.
Ya’ll, I know this is never a fun conversation to have, the worry, the anxiety, the hurt and overwhelm can peak overnight. But having a gameplan to handle the meanies? That’s how you protect your (and your team’s) long-term happiness.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to Identify whether it is personality or morality issue
- The way that I learned that some people don’t “grow out” of being mean
- What to do when the mean girl is in a peer situation
- Tips for addressing a team member who falls into the “mean girl category”
- My thoughts on when you have mean girls clients
LINKS & RESOURCES:
Bossypants by Tina Fey
With grit & gratitude,