In this throwback episode, get ready to meet Jenny Houston, the founder of Poser YOGA studio, and the woman who turned a one-room yoga studio in Port Angeles into a multi-location powerhouse.
This Best of Ready. Aim. Empire episode is chock full of epic insight into Jenny’s ambition and commitment to make her studio dream a reality. Listen as we deep dive into the rebranding process, making your mark in a tight-knit community, and the unexpected bumps on the road toward growth.
Jenny shares nuggets of wisdom on how she navigated the tricky transition from peer to a leader, the unexpected emotional phases of change, and discovering how to scale successfully with a second studio location.
Poser YOGA is thriving in Washington state, where the market is health-conscious and competitive. If you’re considering buying an existing studio in your area, or are struggling to carve out your space in a crowded market, this episode is for you.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Jenny was approached about taking over an already active yoga studio
- The pros and cons of buying an existing studio in an unfamiliar market
- How to grow from one studio to multiple locations
- The two biggest challenges of evolution and growth in this business
- What steps you can take to announce future changes in your business (and the money mindset shifts that need to happen)
- How to hire employees who will open the doors to massive growth
- How she was able to make slow significant changes to the studio, without it being a shock to current clients
- Her tips for moving into a leadership role and navigating relationships
- How Jenny rebranded, and what “Poser” means to her
With grit & gratitude,