There are hundreds of thousands of marketing hacks, strategies, tips and templates out there on the internet right now.
Ultimately, they all boil down to 2 fundamental concepts:
- Know who your buyer is
- Tailor your message to speak directly to them.
Now, this isn’t brand-new information for y’all.
But it’s important.
In fact, it’s so important that I still distinctly remember the 4 key buyer personalities that Ryan Levesque of the Ask Method described at a conference a couple of years ago.
- The Spontaneous Buyer
- The Methodical Buyer
- The Humanistic Buyer
- The Competitive Buyer
Ever since I heard Ryan speak, I’ve been tailoring my messaging to speak to each of these personality types.
And in this episode, I’m revisiting this exact conversation to tell you all about these 4 personality types AND teach you to market to each of them individually.
Here’s what we’re talking about in Episode 521:
- The four different personality types to market to, and their unique buying characteristics
- How knowing who you’re selling to will make your marketing easier
- Spontaneous types base decisions on emotion, but it doesn’t mean that it’s not thought out
- How do you “seed the experience” to get spontaneous buyers excited?
- Methodical buyers will go to any length to ensure due diligence when buying
- What professions tend to attract methodical people?
- The two things you need to make sure of if you’re doing a one-day sale
- Humanistic types are swayed by the story
- Case studies, whether by email, Facebook ad or live stream, are effective ways to tell stories
- The most important thing you can do with a competitive buyer aka “a deadline dancer”
With grit and gratitude,