Y’all, gyms and fitness studios play a critical role in empowering people to maintain their basic health, prevent chronic and acute illness and live happy, fulfilled lives.
But a lot of people don’t recognize that.
In fact, most leaders, legislators and policymakers don’t realize that there’s a doggone huge infrastructure in place that helps people take charge of their health and lead happy, healthy and fulfilled lives.
And that matters because the policies and laws the government makes around sales taxes, zoning regulations, licensing or labor laws determine the quality and profitability of our businesses.
That’s why we need people like Brett Ewer to advocate for us and convince legislators and policymakers that what we do matters. In the face of ever-changing legislation and regulations, people like Brett are working to make a case for our industry and demonstrate how we critically impact society at the local, state and federal levels.
Join me in Episode 557 of The Business of Boutique Fitness as I chat with Brett Ewer, Head of Government Relations at CrossFit, about the importance of shaping policies that protect the fitness industry and ensure that boutique fitness not only survives, but continues to thrive.
Here’s what we talk about in Episode 557:
- Why the fitness industry needs advocates who can lobby for them at the state and federal level
- Brett’s day-to-day routine as Head of Government Relations at CrossFit
- The Community Gyms Coalition and its advocacy efforts during COVID-19
- The Gyms Act legislation, plus a behind-the-scenes look at what went into its development and advancement
- What studio owners need to know about sales tax and other key regulations
Tune in now to start listening!
With grit and gratitude,