I’ve chatted with other well-known Youtubers in the wellness world before, but when my clients who are Pilates studio owners repeatedly brought up Kathryn Morgan, I was surprised to see Kathryn isn’t involved in Pilates at all.
Rather, she’s a former New York City Ballet dancer who has repaved her career path in the virtual world after a devastating autoimmune disease diagnosis took her from the stage at the age of 21.
Even though she’s not a Pilates instructor, many of my clients who work with young dancers have found Kathryn’s training and tutorials to be their go-to resource for helping their clients receive thorough, knowledgeable and expert advice that ensures their safety in how they’re moving and stretching their bodies.
She shares these trainings and tutorials as well as her expert knowledge on her wildly successful YouTube channel as well as podcasts and columns that also have worldwide audiences.
Oh, and she recently founded her first scholarship foundation, too.
All that to say, she’s become a virtual sensation and has now made the screen her stage by applying the drive, discipline, and tenacity that she developed throughout her ballet career to her new career journey, and there’s quite a bit we can learn from her…
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How Kathryn’s successful online venture initially started as a hobby but turned into a powerful vehicle for relevance and storytelling
- Who to think of when creating content (often it’s someone who is several steps behind you)
- How creating content through Youtube has opened the floodgates for other opportunities
- Developing your voice as an expert based on your experience
- How developing influence online can allow you to create a more significant impact on your mission and vision
With grit & gratitude,